BACKDRAFTS, FLASHOVERS, AND GAS EXPLOSIONS
The revolutionary FlashFire™ Training System produces the most intense fire scenarios, such as backdrafts, flashovers and gas explosions for training that makes an impact.
These dangerous conditions occur rapidly with little or no warning, which is why it’s so important to prepare your trainees to make the split second decisions that will be necessary when they encounter these fire emergencies, without putting them at risk. Show trainees the precursors to these dangerous situations, demonstrate the tactics to reduce risk, and show what can happen in a worst-case scenario.
FlashFire transforms training and awareness for first responders, employees of high risk industries and fire prevention programs. First responders, employees and the public can all benefit from this comprehensive look at fire behavior. Education opportunities include:
- Exhibiting the precursors to and the properties of backdrafts
- Training your students on flashover prevention techniques
- Heating combustible materials to their auto-ignition temperature to demonstrate what happens in a flashover
- Showing the explosive potential when the air/gas mixture in a room reaches the lower explosive limit (100% LEL)
- Demonstrating to students what happens when the upper explosive limit (UEL) is reached
- Impressing upon your trainees the effects of proper and improper ventilation