Human Resources Representative
LION is an international company that operates in three markets: the emergency services, military and civilian agency uniforms, and personal equipment markets. LION serves a global customer base of fire departments, military installations, institutions, corporate organizations and training companies from multiple offices around the world. Our mission is to develop the best fire protective and fire training products possible to enhance the safety of the global workforce.
This position resides in Albany, NY and supports one of our most critical business units– BullEx. BullEx is an award winning, high growth company that manufactures and sells innovative fire and safety training products to a global customer base.
LION has an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Representative to join our team.
This position serves as on-site HR representative in supporting local management, employees and Corporate HR team. Participates in employee relations matters, talent acquisition needs, administrative tasks, while ensuring a safe and productive workplace.
- Participates in local talent acquisition process and supports on-boarding of all new employees
- Investigates and resolves employee issues and coordinates response to complaints in discussions with local management and corporate HR.
- Conducts exit interviews and handles employee transition matters.
- Provides reports on staffing, turnover, absenteeism, demographics, and other reports as needed by HR or local management.
- Guides local management in coordination with Corporate HR on performance management, compensation, talent management, training, and other HR programs.
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating and recommending changes to HR policies and procedures.
- Assists in manager and supervisor training and coaching.
- Assists in decisions regarding compensation and benefits plan design.
- Responsible for day to day HR administration tasks in the areas of new hire HR paperwork, benefits enrollment, and other personnel records and forms.
- Assists in the development of a safe workplace.
- Ensures compliance standards in all areas of state and federal employment law
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related HR experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in HR systems, applicant tracking systems, and able to develop general HR reporting.
- Responds with a sense of urgency on request and business demands.
- Work effectively in a team environment and show value to the business.
- Able to communicate with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and appropriately manage various projects and tasks.
- Attention to details with the ability to escalate matters when necessary.
- Reports to Sr. VP, HR with a direct line to onsite General Manager
- Works with all members of BU
- Interacts and coordinates frequently with LION Human Resources
- Standing, sitting, walking, bending as needed.
- Hearing and vision required to be within normal ranges with or without correction.
- Using proper lifting technique may be required to lift objects up to 30 lbs.
- Required to operate traditional office equipment including computers, copiers, fax machines and telephones.
- Displays ambitious, positive attitude.
- Interpersonal skills to work well within a team environment and interface with external customers.
- Comfortable challenging supplied inputs and questioning existing processes.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, work proactively and independently in a fast changing environment.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
BullEx offers a comprehensive benefits package including; medical/ dental/ vision insurance, 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, long-term/ short-term disability, flexible spending account, paid holidays, and vacation. Not to mention the opportunity to work at a growing company with peers that like to have fun, work hard, and generate new ideas daily.EEO/M/F/Disabled/Vet