Manufacturing Engineer – Albany, NY
BullEx is an award winning, high growth company that manufactures and sells innovative fire and safety training products to a global customer base. BullEx is devoted to utilizing smart technology to develop life-saving products and has offices in nine countries. We are seeking innovators, creators, sales generators, and engineers to join our team and add to our unique entrepreneurial culture.
The Manufacturing Engineer will fulfill the engineer role in manufacturing processes related to BullEx products; Large Prop, Trailer and Core. The Engineer provides manufacturing drawings; Advises on the manufacturability of designed parts; Assists in the design and quote of BullEx Products; Supports day-to-day manufacturing by adjusting part design, sourcing, processes and operating procedures; Adjusts and redesigns products; and Implements the changes to a product through the ERP software and internal production processes.
What You’ll Do:
- Create drawings for trailer projects
> Customer approval drawings
> Trailer manufacturing drawings
> Framing drawings
> Electrical wiring drawings
- Create and adjust manufacturing drawings for core and large prop products;
> Work with vendors without full manufacturing drawings
- Work with other engineers to discuss manufacturability of a design
- Assist in design and quote process for custom trailer and large prop projects;
> Obtain quotes for industrial fabrication, trailer fabrication and trailer services
- Support production by working hands-on when needed
- Write changes to manuals and marketing materials
- Support day-to-day operations
> Find alternative parts
> Solve material quality issues
> Refine QC processes
> Update Standard Operating Procedures with technician’s help
> Find new production processes to address quality, cycle time and cost
> Identify the need and provide tools, dies, jigs, etc
- Implement product changes in production cells to address quality, cycle time and cost
- Work with Service Team;
> Take service calls and troubleshooting for new failure modes
> Train service team to deal with common issues
> Work with service to estimate failure rates and identify trends.
- Other duties as needed
The Experience You’ll Need:
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree in Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering or similar from an ABET accredited institution. Relevant skills and experience are highly valued in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree. Therefore associate degree holders are encouraged to apply.
- Preference is given to candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar from an ABET accredited institution.
- Must have education or experience in computer aided design and manufacturing. Preferably AutoCAD Inventor.
- Experience making manufacturing drawings vendors can quote on and use for production.
- Experience with residential construction; framing, power wiring and plumbing.
- Familiarity with design of burner or gas fueled appliances
- Familiarity with codes & standard relating to fueled appliances
- Working with vendors without full manufacturing drawings.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations is critical.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills; ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Travel as needed for service (available for travel internationally and domestically 2% of a year).
Relationship & Contacts:
This position will report to the Engineering Manager and have direct contact with engineering, sales, production, service and vendors and service providers.
- Displays ambitious, positive attitude
- Interpersonal skills to build relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Comfortable challenging supplied inputs and questioning existing processes.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, work proactively and independently in a fast changing environment.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Standing, sitting, walking, bending as needed
- Hearing and vision required to be within normal ranges with or without correction.
- Using proper lifting technique may be required to lift objects up to 20 lbs.
- Required to operate traditional office equipment including computers, copiers, fax machines and telephones.
What We Offer:
BullEx offers a comprehensive benefits package including; medical/ dental/ vision insurance, 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, long-term/ short-term disability, flexible spending account, paid holidays, and vacation. Not to mention the opportunity to work at a growing company with peers that like to have fun, work hard, and generate new ideas daily.